IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Thought to affect one in five people during their lifetime, Hypnotherapy is recognized by NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) as a treatment for managing the symptoms of IBS by helping to:
- Reducing constipation, diarrhoea, bloating and abdominal pain
- Improving well-being and quality of life
There is evidence to indicate that psychological factors play a key role in IBS. Emotions such as anxiety and stress can trigger chemical changes that interrupt the normal workings of the digestive system. However, this does not mean that Irritable Bowel Syndrome is ‘all in the mind’ however, as symptoms are very real.
Hypnotherapy can help by:
- Learning to recognize and cope with any worries contributing to the symptoms
- Setting goals and visualizing a future free from IBS
- Decreasing the sensitivity of the gut and increasing confidence and well-being
- Learning how to relax and manage stressful feelings
- Promoting positive thinking and development of coping strategies
- Form new relaxed and calm behavior patterns
As with any symptom, it is very important to seek medical advice, however if your doctors find no abnormalities, hypnosis can be used to help alleviate the symptoms.
To stop IBS having a such a significant impact on your day-to-day life, call Jenny NOW for your FREE consultation.